Monday, August 8, 2022

22-23 Plan

 

Performances - I decided that 6 grade level performances per year is too much.  (I have always done one live performance per grade each year.) During the pandemic years I was able to send video clips of classroom performances and activities to parents through Schoology, the school Youtube page and Class Dojo.  While that was a different kind of stress (well learning curve) it was less pressure than a live grade level performances. My principal was a bit taken back when I told him that from here forward this is my plan:

Kindergarten - last day of school songs for parents during the school day

First Grade - annual Wild West Program (because until someone says I can't, I LOVE this one) in April

Second Grade - video performance sent to parents in late March with songs using their homemade instrument projects

Third Grade - World Music Performance in May

Fourth Grade - December Christmas Musical 

Fifth Grade - video class recordings sent to parents throughout the year that demonstrate skill acquisition (singing, recorder, ukulele and song writing) 

Choir - performances in October, December, May and a musical early in the second semester

Schedule - This is my 4th year at Cedar Ridge Elementary School and my schedule has been identical each year. We have 3 rounds of each grade. All classes are more than 24 students, most at 27+. I teach 9, 40 minute lessons per day, with a 40 minute plan first thing in the morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment